Friday, April 18, 2014

Raekwon Is On Strike (The Chef Ain't Cooking For The Wu)


Doesn't look like Raekwon well make it on the last Wu-Tang album. Just the other day RZA sat down with Vlad TV the other and talked about why Raekwon has not been involved in "A Better Tomorrow." "I haven't had a chance to really talk to him about why not. All I see is the press going back and forth," said RZA. "But I would say that maybe creatively we on different paths. I'm creatively different than I was in the 90's. I'm a different man." As for Rae, in an interview he had with Rolling Stone, just a day after RZa's interview hit the net, he explains his side of the story and his frustrations, while taking jabs at RZA. "I don't know whe he said he didn't speak to me, because he did speak to me. We spoke about two weeks ago. It was me, him, his brother and business partner Devine, and we talked about why I'm not there right now. They know where I'm at and at the end of the day, him saying he didn't speak to me is a bold-faced lie." Throughout the interview The Chef stated that one of his biggest reasons for his unavailability is his displeasure in the music that is being made for the album. After, Rae alleges that other members of Wu Tang Clan feel the same way. He specifically discusses his displeasure with the latest single "Keep Watch" off the album "A Better Tomorrow." "I hate it. I hate it. I don't hate shit, but I hate that f*@kin' record." says Rae, as he goes from taking subliminal shots, to out right jabs at RZA. "It ain't the gunpowder that my brother is spitting; it's the production. And, I ain't sh*tting on the producer, because he's one of the soldiers. But, if it ain't where it need to be... Its's 20 years later. We talkin 'bout a whole new generation is sitting here representin' and making fiery sh!t and you telling me that we comin out with some mediocre sh!t? That ain't part of our plan." Raekwon seemed to contradict himself when giving the reason he's "on strike." "It's the same as being an athlete. I don't give a f*ck if it's Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant. They will not touch the floor if their managers or lawyers are saying,'Listen, sh!t ain't right.' So therefore, I'm in a limbo situation. So yeah, you;re right. I am on strike." And, for some reason The Chef is oblivious to the fact that "A Better Tomorrow" will be the The Wu's last album. "RZA's saying this is Wu-Tang's last album? OK. Cool. That's what it is? You the Abbot? It's the Abbot show? Aight, then it's the last f*ckin' album. I'm cool with that. But at the same time, you're not going to have me be attached to something that's broke; because if it's already broke, why fix it?" Raekwon also stated that RZA is "not the top producer no more" and should be more open to inviting more producers into the project's production. This game is obviously a business first, but it seems as though he is being selfish, or has some personal vendetta against the RZA. The Wu Tang Clan is one of the foundations in hip-hop history. To be a breathing member and not be a part of the last album is a travesty. If Method Man, who is by far the biggest star besides RZA in the group, can be involved fro the beginning to the end then Rae needs to suck it up. Not only is he depriving himself of a part of hip-hop history (because the album will be epic), but he is depriving the fans. The other Wu project "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin," which only one copy of the album was created, has already had investors bidding millions of dollars to purchase the LP.

P.S. We have a new music video from Styles P, Iggy Azalea's debut album, and new tracks from Asher Roth, Troy Ave, Mobb Deep, Kurupt, and Danny Brown. Also, be sure to check out our latest TrueMusic Girl Next Door all below.



Iggy Azalea - The New Classic



August Alsina - Testimony (Best Buy Deluxe)



TuT - New Dress



Troy Ave - Talk Dirty (Remix)



Asher Roth ft. Major Myjah – Last Of The Flohicans



Mobb Deep – The Outcome



Kurupt - Octopus



Danny Brown - Streets Of Detroit
Danny Brown - Radio Head


Girl Next Door: Today we have Ms. Testimony Awowoyin. This Nigerian beauty was born in Wales, but currently lives in Columbus, Ohio. Tessi is a fashion freak, so you can catch her amazing sense of style and gorgeous face on Instagram and Twitter @_atestimony.












No comments:

Post a Comment