Monday, July 7, 2014

Common's "Nobody's Smiling" Will Stop The Violence


Later this month, Common will be releasing his tenth studio album entitled Nobody's Smiling. Always one of the most politically active and socially conscious, Common is making this album a concept piece of sorts. With nearly 1100 murders in the city of Chicago since 2012, Common is making a call to action. Nobody's Smiling will be stop the violence campaign, and while Common has the uncanny ability to relate to nearly all demographics across the nation; the message for this LP will be to uplift the self-destructive community of the Chi-town inner-city. In a recent interview with VLAD TV, Common spoke on the impending album. "That's why I'm making Nobody's Smiling. That's why it's not just the music, but the movement of the face that, man I'm not happy I'm from Chicago. I'm not happy we losing people... people getting shot over things that ain't even necessary. I can't even act like I know every situation, why it happens, but some of it... it's become part of a way of life. People don't value life as much as we can, as much as we should. When I hear about people dying it's just like, man what do I have to do to change it. There's people out in the field right now doing grassroots movements that work everyday towards stopping violence in Chicago and all around the country but I'm like, 'This is where I'm from, I've been blessed enough to chase my dream, go after my dream, and I want to provide the same for people where I come from." The album is set to be released July 22nd.

P.S. Here is a new music video from Redman, and new singles from G-Unit, Meek Mill, and B.o.B.




TuT - Bar Delivera



G-Unit - Loyal (Remix)



Meek Mill Ft. Lil Snupe - Summertime



B.o.B ft. Sevyn Streeter – Swing My Way


Girl Next Door: Today we have the lovely Dayalin Suriel. This 20 year old beautiful Brooklyn native is a poet and aspiring personal trainer. Ms. Suriel also has plans of becoming a lawyer. For those of you unlucky fellas not in the Big Apple, you can catch this gorgeous girl as she continues to transform her already sexy body into something flawless at Dayalindaa, and catch her interesting intellect on Twitter @Dayalindaaa.













No comments:

Post a Comment