Sunday, July 27, 2014

Kendrick Lamar Reveals Mind State For Next Album


Two of the biggest songs of 2012 were PSY's "Gangnam Style" and Chief Keef's "Love Sosa." Hip-Hop had definitely seen better days, and then Kendrick Lamar dropped "good kid, m.A.A.d. city." The Hip-Hop-heads have known about K. Dot since 09, but in October of 2012, Kendrick helped spark the fire in the new golden age of hip-hop. It's been almost two years, and Kendrick Lamar has become a house hold name; jumping on features and turning the hip-hop world upside down with his "Control" verse. Now the date is vastly approaching for the release of his highly anticipated follow up album. Still untitled, Kendrick says he's "flirting with ideas." In a recent interview with Complex Magazine, Kendrick reveals the thought process for the upcoming LP. "If I keep focusing on, I need to make something better than good kid,' it's going to be just that. That's not challenging yourself. I don't want to become that person reflecting on what has been done. What I'm doing now is the question. I'm only as good as my last word, my last hook, my last bridge." In his usual prophetic manner, K Dot spoke on his need for creative progress as he seeks a higher state of consciousness. "I got a greater purpose. God put something in my ear to get across and that's what I'm going to focus on, using my voice as an instrument and doing what needs to be done...This is truly a blessing from a higher power, and as long as I understand that there's really no limitations to what I can do. Everything is forward with me. When I'm in the studio, I'm looking for creativity I haven't matched yet, a feeling I haven't felt. It's a high. When you look at people like Jay Z, Nas, Dr. Dre, these people are established, but they love music and that love that high. You always want that feeling of creativity." The album has been rumored to drop in September, but TDE CEO Top Dawg has promised a fourth quarter release no matter what. Kendrick has already recorded about 30-40 songs for the new LP,he had about 60-70 done when it came time to pic for "good kid, m.A.A.d. city." Whether or not the new record will be better than the last is yet to be determined, but knowing Kendrick, either way its sure to be a masterpiece.

P.S. We have a new music video from Asher Roth and a Tim Westwood freestyle from Joey Bada$$, and new single from Future, Big K.R.I.T.,  NehruvianDOOM, and Murda Mook.



TuT - Alchemy Freestyle (prod. by Divine Milk)



Future – Coupe



Big K.R.I.T. ft. Rico Love – Pay Attention



NehruvianDOOM (Bishop Nehru & DOOM) – OM



Murda Mook ft. Busta Rhymes – I Ain’t One Of Them Niggaz


Girl Next Door: Today we have another AFRIKAN beauty by the name of Minati. 22 year old Minati is from Mauritius, a country off the coast of Madagascar (try saying that 10x as fast as you can), but currently lives in the UK. So, for you unlucky fellas that can't make it across the pond, you can catch this natural AFRIKAN beauty and her intoxicating eyes on Instagram and Twitter @MiniSenorita.












No comments:

Post a Comment