Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Return Of Dark Man X

The Legendary DMX is making a comeback album! Now, I know what your thinking. Hasn't he tried this before? Back in January of 2012 X tried to make a comeback with his album titled Undisputed, to no avail. This time however, it is different. Swizz Beats will be executive producing the album. Although Swizzy has been a producer on all seven of X's albums, but he hasn't had this much influence since the classics Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood & ...And Then There Was X albums dropped in 98' & 99' (each going 3x and 5x platinum respectively). And, in a recent interview with Sway on RapFix Live Swizz Beats went on to say "Everything is DMX for me right now. It’s my main focus because it’s what started everything. So, if I don’t focus on that, then it’s just not right. He’s been going through a lot of different things but … he’s DMX! He’s good; he’s in good vibes. But wait until y’all hear this music though — y’all gon’ really know how he is. We working hard on that and I can’t wait. I can’t wait." Now I know every one has heard of DMX but most of these 90's babies only know the recent train wreck, which is X. As for the rest of us, we know exactly what he's capable of (the best). I know all of the critics are saying he's strung out and washed up, but most fail to remember that X has been strung out since Party Up (Up In Here). Not to mention, X gave us a little taste of the old him when he and Busta Rhymes dropped the Niggas In Paris remix. Another little tidbit, for you hip hop heads and those that may think DMX will produce another flop, Swizzy also went on to say that he is ten songs deep into the LOX album. Jadakiss, Styles P, and Sheek Louch are all great artists in there own right but when put together they are beyond legendary and I'm sure we will all be on the edge of our seats waiting for their return. 
PS. For reading the entire blog here is a little treat. I'm not a huge fan but the man can spit and for those who are here is a link to Yo Gotti's I AM album that drops tomorrow. And a sixteen second clip of Rihanna Twerking

No comments:

Post a Comment